- 1 How do you use mole sauce?
- 2 Is mole sauce served hot or cold?
- 3 What is the best mole sauce brand?
- 4 What foods go well with mole sauce?
- 5 How long does mole sauce last?
- 6 Is mole healthy to eat?
- 7 What is mole sauce used for?
- 8 What does mole sauce taste like?
- 9 How do you get a mole out of a jar?
- 10 What do you put on store bought moles?
- 11 How long does jarred mole last?
- 12 Does mole paste go bad?
How do you use mole sauce?
Rice and beans: Stir a few spoonfuls of mole into rice or beans for delicious seasoning. Soups and stews: Stir mole into soups for a rich and delicious broth. Dips, salsas, queso and guacamole: Stir a spoonful of mole into various dips for extra seasoning.
Is mole sauce served hot or cold?
Mole (moh-leh), a word used in Mexico, means “sauce.” Moles are served hot (as in temperature), and have varying degrees of spiciness. These Mexican moles are served with meats and chicken: Mole negro (moh-leh neh-groh) (black mole) looks black — naturally!
What is the best mole sauce brand?
1. Juquilita Black Mole Oaxaqueno. Mexican mole (pronounced MO-lay) can seem intentionally bewildering, but the word actually has a very simple definition.
What foods go well with mole sauce?
Tortillas, black or refried beans and rice make nice accompaniments, of course. Mole can also be added to masa (the starchy dough made from corn) or meat when wrapped in banana leaves or corn husks for tamales; served in a bowl alongside tortillas for dipping; or drizzled over eggs for breakfast.
How long does mole sauce last?
Prepared mole sauce will keep for about three days in the refrigerator and it freezes well. The paste will keep six months in the refrigerator and about a year in the freezer.
Is mole healthy to eat?
It has feel-good benefits It may be a caloric sauce, but it is packed with good-for-you qualities. According to the Institute of Medicine, mole sauce is an excellent source of Vitamin B, riboflavin, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, and niacin.
What is mole sauce used for?
Once you’ve made the sauce, you can use it for practically anything…as the sauce for pulled pork or chicken, spooned over a simply browned piece of poultry or meat, or to top enchiladas.
What does mole sauce taste like?
What Does Mole Sauce Taste Like? All mole sauces taste a bit different. Some are sweeter, others are spicier, and they have varying consistencies—but they all feature spicy, smoky, and earthy-sweet notes contributed by ingredients such as chiles, nuts, warm spices, raisins, and tomato.
How do you get a mole out of a jar?
How to Remove Mold Growing in Jar
- Fill the jar halfway with bleach. Screw on the lid tightly.
- Shake the jar up and down for 30 seconds. Swirl the bleach in the jar for another 30 seconds.
- Open the lid and dump out the bleach. Rinse out the jar and the lid with hot water.
What do you put on store bought moles?
To sweeten a mole, add a wedge of melted Mexican chocolate (or an equal amount of semisweet chocolate) or a spoon of brown sugar or grated piloncillo.
How long does jarred mole last?
Storing. Prepared mole will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. You can prepare it in advance to keep on hand.
Does mole paste go bad?
Yes it will go bad, i’ve bought from mayordomo and had a few bags pass the expiry date, when i opened them to cook they clearly went rancid:( 5.