- 1 What is Chinese broccoli called?
- 2 How do you say broccoli in Cantonese?
- 3 Is broccoli a Chinese word?
- 4 Is there a word for yes in Chinese?
- 5 Can I eat Chinese broccoli raw?
- 6 Is Chinese broccoli healthy?
- 7 How do you say cucumber in Cantonese?
- 8 What is potato in Cantonese?
- 9 How do you say avocado in Cantonese?
- 10 What is the difference between broccoli and Chinese broccoli?
- 11 Where is Chinese broccoli grown?
- 12 Are Chinese broccoli and broccoli rabe the same?
- 13 How do you say yes in a cute way?
- 14 What does Shi in Chinese mean?
What is Chinese broccoli called?
Let’s start with Chinese broccoli, also known as gai-lan, kai-lan, or Chinese kale.
How do you say broccoli in Cantonese?
” BROCCOLI” in Cantonese (椰菜) – Flashcard – YouTube.
Is broccoli a Chinese word?
Gai lan, kai-lan, Chinese broccoli, Chinese kale, or jie lan (Brassica oleracea var. Alboglabra Group.
|“Gai lan” in Traditional (top) and Simplified (bottom) Chinese characters|
Is there a word for yes in Chinese?
1. 是 (shì) One way to say “ yes ” in Chinese is 是, or shì in pinyin.
Can I eat Chinese broccoli raw?
The leaves, stalks and florets can be eaten raw or used in a wide variety of salads, side dishes and main dishes. Chinese broccoli belongs to the cabbage family and is most closely related to the Chinese or European cabbage.
Is Chinese broccoli healthy?
Health Benefits Like many leafy green vegetables, Chinese broccoli is a powerhouse of nutrients. It contains high amounts of beta carotene. Additionally, Chinese broccoli is a good source of vitamin E. Vitamin E decreases the risk of some cancers and improves immune function, preventing viral and bacterial infections.
How do you say cucumber in Cantonese?
青瓜 (ceng1 gwaa1 | ): cucumber – CantoDict.
What is potato in Cantonese?
薯 (syu4 | shu3): potato; yam; tuber – CantoDict.
How do you say avocado in Cantonese?
avocado translate: 鳄梨.
What is the difference between broccoli and Chinese broccoli?
Here is the difference: Regular broccoli – With thick, crisp stalks topped with rounded green florets, broccoli is a member of the cabbage family. It has a grassy, earthy flavor that’s mildly bitter. Chinese broccoli has a slightly bitter and earthy taste, and is best after a quick steam or sauté, or in a stir-fry.
Where is Chinese broccoli grown?
Gai lan is grown extensively in Asian countries, though it’s thought to have originated in the Mediterranean region. Chinese broccoli is a brassica and related to other vegetables such as: Bok choy.
Are Chinese broccoli and broccoli rabe the same?
While Chinese broccoli and broccolini are both in the same family as the regular old broccoli you’re familiar with, broccoli rabe is something else entirely. It’s actually more closely related to a turnip, even though it has those little buds, similar to those found on broccoli florets.
How do you say yes in a cute way?
Creative Ways to Say “ Yes ”
- I’m at your behest.
- Aye aye, captain!
- I was born for this!
- That would be a Y-E-S!
- You just stole the words out of my mouth.
- Right on, brother/sister.
- Definitely not NO.
What does Shi in Chinese mean?
Freebase. Shi. Shi is the Chinese word for “poetry”. Shi is traditionally the most poetic of the various forms of Chinese poetry.