How many calories are in a chicken and broccoli Chinese dish?
- Calories in Chinese chicken and broccoli dishes vary greatly, depending on the sauces and other ingredients. FoodData Central reports that 1 cup of chopped raw broccoli contains 30.9 calories, 2.57 grams of protein, 0.34 grams total fat, 6.04 grams carbohydrates, 2.37 grams fiber and 30 milligrams of sodium.
- 1 Is chicken and broccoli from a Chinese restaurant healthy?
- 2 How many calories are in Chinese brown sauce?
- 3 How many calories are in Chinese chicken and mixed vegetables?
- 4 How many calories are in Chinese chicken and broccoli with white rice?
- 5 What is the healthiest meal from a Chinese takeaway?
- 6 How many calories are in chicken and broccoli from a Chinese restaurant?
- 7 Does brown sauce have sugar?
- 8 What Chinese dishes have brown sauce?
- 9 Is brown sauce unhealthy?
- 10 Can you lose weight by eating Chinese food?
- 11 How many calories are in chicken and veggies?
- 12 Does Chinese chicken and broccoli have sugar?
- 13 What is Keto friendly at a Chinese restaurant?
- 14 Can you eat Chinese chicken and broccoli on keto?
Is chicken and broccoli from a Chinese restaurant healthy?
Chicken and broccoli is similar to beef and broccoli, consisting of chicken and broccoli stir-fried in a light sauce. However, it’s a leaner option than beef and broccoli that still offers plenty of protein. One cup (153 grams) provides 13 grams of protein and only 145 calories ( 8 ).
How many calories are in Chinese brown sauce?
A lot of Chinese stir-fry dishes for takeout include ” brown sauce.” One of the best-known dishes that uses brown sauce is the takeout classic beef and broccoli. Ingredients.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
How many calories are in Chinese chicken and mixed vegetables?
Each serving of chicken and veggies is only around 170 calories with only 4 grams of fat!
How many calories are in Chinese chicken and broccoli with white rice?
What to Eat When You’re Eating Chinese
|“Lighter” Version||Full Calorie Version|
|Chicken with Broccoli (1 cup)||280 calories||485 calories|
|White Rice (1 cup)||150 calories||235-370 calories|
|1 Mini Spring Roll||165 calories||300-350 calories|
|Hot tea/diet soda/ water||0 calories||115 calories|
What is the healthiest meal from a Chinese takeaway?
- Try to avoid: sweet and sour battered pork balls with special or egg-fried rice, prawn toast, spring rolls.
- Healthier options: crab and corn soup, steamed dumplings, steamed vegetables and plain boiled rice, steamed fish, chicken chop suey, Szechuan prawns.
How many calories are in chicken and broccoli from a Chinese restaurant?
Chicken and Broccoli With lean, white meat chicken and bushy, fiber-filled broccoli, this dish is an excellent choice for someone trying to get the taste of Chinese food without the fat. According to LIVESTRONG.COM, a one-cup serving only contains around 280 calories.
Does brown sauce have sugar?
There is around 3.5g (nearly a teaspoon) of sugar and 0.2g of salt in each tablespoon of brown sauce.
What Chinese dishes have brown sauce?
Ever notice how much of Chinese takeout is held together by a semi-viscous, glossy brown gravy? It’s found in broccoli beef, chow mein noodles, anything kung pao’d or General Tso’d. It is the essential secret: the all-purpose stir-fry sauce.
Is brown sauce unhealthy?
HP Brown sauce The good news is, this sauce isn’t too bad for you, per 100g there’s barely a trace of fat – but just look at that sugar content!
Can you lose weight by eating Chinese food?
The Asian diet will probably help you lose weight. Research suggests people in Asian countries who follow this dietary pattern weigh less than their Western counterparts. That’s likely because it’s high in healthy foods that keep hunger at bay: whole grains, vegetables and bean products, for example.
How many calories are in chicken and veggies?
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
Does Chinese chicken and broccoli have sugar?
While the chicken and the broccoli are A-OK, the sauces used to top them are full of sugar and cornstarch – along with pretty much every other offering at a Chinese restaurant.
What is Keto friendly at a Chinese restaurant?
You can ask for steamed versions of some dishes and then add soy sauce, which fits within the guidelines of a well-formulated ketogenic diet. Particularly the steamed Asian broccoli or mustard are good choices. For protein, the roast pork, roast duck, and crispy-skin pork belly are good choices.
Can you eat Chinese chicken and broccoli on keto?
Keto Chinese Chicken and Broccoli is a delicious better than takeout keto chicken recipe. Sliced chicken breast paired with broccoli florets and a homemade sweet and savory Chinese sauce. All the flavors you love but with just 4 net carbs in each serving.