An off-dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.17 jun. 2015
What kind of wine to use with Thai curry?
- Rioja’s are also quite high in acidity, and Thai Green Curry’s often are too, because there is usually a citrusy lime flavor added somewhere in the process of making the sauce. It might not be your first thought, but a Rioja works great with a Thai Green Curry.
An off-dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.17 Jun 2015
What kind of wine to drink with chicken curry?
- Off-dry Rieslings are especially great with chile-laden coconut-milk based sauces; they taste like a refreshing spritz of lime. Look for lightly sweet kabinett or spätlese styles of Rieslings from Germany or off-dry Riesligns from Oregon or Australia.
- 1 What goes with Thai green curry?
- 2 What do you drink Thai curry with?
- 3 What wine goes with chicken curry?
- 4 What kind of wine goes well with Indian food?
- 5 What goes with Thai green curry instead of rice?
- 6 Which is better Thai red or green curry?
- 7 What alcohol is good with Thai food?
- 8 What is the best wine to drink with Thai food?
- 9 What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
- 10 Does red or white wine go better with Curry?
- 11 What is the best wine to drink with curry?
- 12 What Alcohol goes well with curry?
- 13 What Alcohol goes well with Indian food?
- 14 What kind of wine goes with chicken tikka masala?
- 15 What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
What goes with Thai green curry?
Thai curries are best served with rice because it has a fairly neutral flavour that allows you to fully appreciate the complex taste of the curries. The best ways to enjoy your Thai Green curry
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What do you drink Thai curry with?
New Zealand pinot gris, particularly the off-dry styles, also works well.
- Spätlese and other off-dry Riesling. Again, a touch of sweetness really helps, giving German and Austrian.
- Sauvignon Blanc and other intensely citrussy whites such as Rueda.
What wine goes with chicken curry?
Fruity, low-tannin reds with mild tomato-based curries: The juiciness and lightly spicy flavors in Grenache from France or Spain are great with the fragrant spices in curry and have enough acidity to mesh with the tomatoes. Inexpensive New World Pinot Noir can also work well.
What kind of wine goes well with Indian food?
Lively, moderately sweet wines can be excellent. German kabinett and spätlese rieslings and demi-sec Vouvrays from the Loire Valley, which all have plenty of acidity and a moderate amount of residual sugar, are often brilliant with many Indian dishes.
What goes with Thai green curry instead of rice?
Me I prefer to throw mushrooms, cauliflower, onions, and broccoli. And eat the curry with a side of salad. Even just using the salad as the base and putting the curry on top as a sort of dressing will also work. I LOVE having mushrooms with a curry instead of rice.
Which is better Thai red or green curry?
So, if you are comparing red curry vs green curry in terms of spice levels, red curry is the one to keep an eye out for. Green curry is known for being more subtle and gentle. However, don’t let this fact fool you as every curry is different, and the cook might add a generous amount of green chilies inside.
What alcohol is good with Thai food?
The Best Wine and Food Combinations The sweet muskiness of Pinot Gris works well with most Thai dishes, while a sweet Riesling goes with Thai -spiced seafood, stir-fries, and salads.
What is the best wine to drink with Thai food?
Rosé Wine – the crisp choice Probably the best and most successful wine match for Thai dishes across the spectrum, from salads, stir-fries, noodles and curries is a glass of cool, crisp Rosé.
What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
So I suggest a youthful Mosel, Rheingau, or Rheinhessen wine. Perhaps of Spätlese level to ensure some riper flavours to work with the chilli. This will be around 8 to 10 per cent alcohol, which will give you some sweetness too. We asked our local indie Dominic Lockyer of Fareham Wine Cellar to recommend some wines.
Does red or white wine go better with Curry?
The bright acidity and fresh fruit flavours in Riesling and Pinot Grigio, or the luscious rose-petal sweetness of Gewurztraminer work well with the richness of curries. Tomato-based sauces tend to work better with white wines – the acidity clashes with red wines making them seem metallic and hollow.
What is the best wine to drink with curry?
The top 10 wines to drink with a curry
- Sauvignon Blanc (Chile or New Zealand)
- Côtes de Gascogne whites.
- Rhône white wine blends.
- Rioja Crianza.
- Uruguayan Tannat.
- New World Chardonnay.
- Italian Negroamaro and Primitivo. Velvety, warmly fruity, bitter-spicy wines themselves, these two lend themselves immediately to Indian curries.
What Alcohol goes well with curry?
German, Austrian, Australian and New Zealand rieslings would all do the trick. Yes, chardonnay! Particularly fruity styles or blends with grapes such as semillon, chenin and colombard. Good with mild, creamy or buttery curries, especially with chicken.
What Alcohol goes well with Indian food?
Indian Food and Beer Pairings
- Light Lagers and Blonde Ales. The lighter beers, such as blonde ales and pilsners, pair best with lighter foods.
- Hoppy Lagers and India Pale Ales. Hops have made their comeback, and IPAs are here to stay.
- Wheat Beers.
- Amber and Brown Ales.
- Porters and Stouts.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
What kind of wine goes with chicken tikka masala?
Chicken tikka masala Some of the wines that match well with tikka dishes are Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, sweet Riesling, Syrah, Beaujolais, red and white Cotes du Rhone or Rhone-style wines.
What kind of wine is good with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off- dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.