- 1 What alcohol goes best with Thai food?
- 2 How do you pair wine and food?
- 3 What wine goes best with Thai green curry?
- 4 What kind of wine goes with curry dishes?
- 5 What red wine goes well with Thai food?
- 6 Does red wine go with Thai food?
- 7 What snacks pair well with wine?
- 8 What snacks pair well with red wine?
- 9 What are the 2 basic rules when pairing food and wine?
- 10 What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
- 11 What do you drink with Thai red curry?
- 12 What beer goes well with Thai food?
- 13 Does red or white wine go better with Curry?
- 14 What Alcohol goes well with curry?
- 15 What Alcohol goes well with Indian food?
What alcohol goes best with Thai food?
Which drinks pair best with Thai food?
- Spätlese and other off-dry Riesling. Again, a touch of sweetness really helps, giving German and Austrian.
- Sauvignon Blanc and other intensely citrussy whites such as Rueda.
How do you pair wine and food?
9 Tips For Pairing Wine & Food
- The wine should be more acidic than the food.
- The wine should be sweeter than the food.
- The wine should have the same flavor intensity as the food.
- Red wines pair best with bold flavored meats (e.g. red meat).
- White wines pair best with light-intensity meats (e.g. fish or chicken).
What wine goes best with Thai green curry?
An off- dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.
What kind of wine goes with curry dishes?
Dry, rich whites with mild creamy curries: Fruity, unoaked or lightly oaked Chardonnay, like those from Australia or cooler parts of California have enough body to pair with creamier curries. If you don’t mind exceptionally floral, fragrant wines, try Gewürztraminer, which smells like rose petals and tropical fruit.
What red wine goes well with Thai food?
Red Wines and Thai Food Lighter-bodied reds with upfront fruit characters and a more simple structure like Pinot Noir, Grenache-based blends with spicy raspberry characters, Merlot, Zinfandel (also known as Primitivo), Sangiovese all can work harmoniously with Thai food.
Does red wine go with Thai food?
Off-dry Riesling is the No. 1 catch-all for a smorgasbord of takeout Thai dishes. For die-hard red wine lovers, reds can work with Thai food, too, particularly with milder dishes. When pairing red wine with spicy dishes like curry, stay away from anything with too much tannin, unless you’re a serious seeker of spice.
What snacks pair well with wine?
Wine Pairing Snacks – What Snacks Go With Wine?
- Animal Crackers and Riesling. Classic and brilliant.
- Popcorn and Chardonnay.
- Toaster Pastries and Fizzy Rosé
- Pistachios and Pinot Noir.
- Corn Chips and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Mini Cupcakes and Moscato.
- Fruit Snacks and Fizzy Sangria.
- PB&J Sandwich and Fizzy Crisp White.
What snacks pair well with red wine?
Pairing Snacks and Wine
- Cheese Curls. Cabernet Sauvignon: Cheddar cheese pairs well with the wine’s cherry and black currant flavors so could crunchy or puffy cheese curl snacks.
- Hummus Dip.
- Potato Chips.
- Tortilla Chips.
- Veggies and Dip.
What are the 2 basic rules when pairing food and wine?
8 simple rules for matching food and wine
- Keep food and wine at a similar weight.
- Match flavour intensity and character.
- Think about acidity.
- Beware mixing salt and tannin.
- Soften bitter tannins with richer, heavier food.
- Serve a wine at least as sweet as the food being served.
- Spicy foods need spicy wine.
- Pair with the sauce.
What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
So I suggest a youthful Mosel, Rheingau, or Rheinhessen wine. Perhaps of Spätlese level to ensure some riper flavours to work with the chilli. This will be around 8 to 10 per cent alcohol, which will give you some sweetness too. We asked our local indie Dominic Lockyer of Fareham Wine Cellar to recommend some wines.
What do you drink with Thai red curry?
If Thai cuisine is all about harmony, an off-dry Riesling is a welcome addition to the chorus. It’s almost too perfect: dynamite tropical fruit flavors with acidity and sweetness to cut the spice. Great Alternatives
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio.
- Chenin Blanc.
- Grenache Blanc.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Sparkling Rosé
- Pinot Noir.
What beer goes well with Thai food?
Yeasty beers like hefeweizen, witbier, saison, and golden Belgian ales make perfect partners for pad thai. The combination of yeast and malt gives these beers a pillowy sweetness that is a great match to the dish’s sweet side and a counterpoint to the salty/savory.
Does red or white wine go better with Curry?
The bright acidity and fresh fruit flavours in Riesling and Pinot Grigio, or the luscious rose-petal sweetness of Gewurztraminer work well with the richness of curries. Tomato-based sauces tend to work better with white wines – the acidity clashes with red wines making them seem metallic and hollow.
What Alcohol goes well with curry?
German, Austrian, Australian and New Zealand rieslings would all do the trick. Yes, chardonnay! Particularly fruity styles or blends with grapes such as semillon, chenin and colombard. Good with mild, creamy or buttery curries, especially with chicken.
What Alcohol goes well with Indian food?
Indian Food and Beer Pairings
- Light Lagers and Blonde Ales. The lighter beers, such as blonde ales and pilsners, pair best with lighter foods.
- Hoppy Lagers and India Pale Ales. Hops have made their comeback, and IPAs are here to stay.
- Wheat Beers.
- Amber and Brown Ales.
- Porters and Stouts.
- Sauvignon Blanc.