- 1 What alcohol goes best with pad thai?
- 2 What type of wine goes well with Thai food?
- 3 What alcohol goes with Thai green curry?
- 4 What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
- 5 What do they drink in Thailand?
- 6 What do you eat pad thai with?
- 7 Does red wine go with Thai food?
- 8 What goes with Thai green curry?
- 9 What beer goes with Thai food?
What alcohol goes best with pad thai?
Pairing Pointers Yeasty beers like hefeweizen, witbier, saison, and golden Belgian ales make perfect partners for pad thai. The combination of yeast and malt gives these beers a pillowy sweetness that is a great match to the dish’s sweet side and a counterpoint to the salty/savory.
What type of wine goes well with Thai food?
Lighter-bodied reds with upfront fruit characters and a more simple structure like Pinot Noir, Grenache-based blends with spicy raspberry characters, Merlot, Zinfandel (also known as Primitivo), Sangiovese all can work harmoniously with Thai food.
What alcohol goes with Thai green curry?
An off-dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.
What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
So I suggest a youthful Mosel, Rheingau, or Rheinhessen wine. Perhaps of Spätlese level to ensure some riper flavours to work with the chilli. This will be around 8 to 10 per cent alcohol, which will give you some sweetness too. We asked our local indie Dominic Lockyer of Fareham Wine Cellar to recommend some wines.
What do they drink in Thailand?
- Mekhong: Thai whisky, usually served with coke and ice.
- Sam Song: Thailand’s most popular rum.
- Cha yen: Thai iced tea, made with locally grown tea, sugar and milk.
- Singha: The best of Thailand’s local beers.
- Chang: Cheaper than Singha and popular for just that reason.
What do you eat pad thai with?
What do you serve with Pad Thai? We love to serve Light Crispy Chinese Chicken Salad or papaya salad. Other great appetizers include crab rangoon or egg rolls.
Does red wine go with Thai food?
Off-dry Riesling is the No. 1 catch-all for a smorgasbord of takeout Thai dishes. For die-hard red wine lovers, reds can work with Thai food, too, particularly with milder dishes. When pairing red wine with spicy dishes like curry, stay away from anything with too much tannin, unless you’re a serious seeker of spice.
What goes with Thai green curry?
Thai curries are best served with rice because it has a fairly neutral flavour that allows you to fully appreciate the complex taste of the curries. The best ways to enjoy your Thai Green curry
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What beer goes with Thai food?
Our favourite beers with Thai food include:
- IPA (Indian Pale Ale ) IPA’s have a citrusy aroma and pair perfectly with heavier, aromatic dishes.
- Whitbier (bière blanche)
- Off-dry Riesling.
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
- Exotic fruit juices.