- 1 What kind of alcohol goes with Thai food?
- 2 What beer goes with Thai curry?
- 3 What goes with Thai food?
- 4 What beer goes with stir fry?
- 5 What alcohol is Thailand known for?
- 6 What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
- 7 What beer goes with curry?
- 8 What do you drink with curry?
- 9 What wine goes well with pad thai?
- 10 What to have with a Thai green curry?
- 11 What is a good side with pad thai?
- 12 What do you drink with red curry?
- 13 What alcohol goes with stir-fry?
- 14 What beer is good with Chinese food?
- 15 What kind of beer goes good with Chinese food?
What kind of alcohol goes with Thai food?
The sweet muskiness of Pinot Gris works well with most Thai dishes, while a sweet Riesling goes with Thai -spiced seafood, stir-fries, and salads. Do you prefer beer with your food? Citrusy, spicy beers go best with hot and sour Thai dishes, while beef salad is the ideal match for an ice-cold Singha beer.
What beer goes with Thai curry?
Phil Vickery, chef and broadcaster: You need a light lager or summer ale, the paler the better. Although fragrant, Thai curry carries a kick and can be quite rich with coconut milk and big flavoured herbs, so a the soft lager type of beer would be perfect.
What goes with Thai food?
15 Simple Thai Side Dishes
- Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts.
- Saucy Stovetop Thai Green Beans.
- Thai Coconut Rice.
- Thai Tomato Salad.
- Chopped Thai Salad.
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach.
- Thai Green Papaya Salad Recipe.
- Thai Slaw Salad.
What beer goes with stir fry?
Allison, for stir – fry, especially spicy stir – fry like the curry above, we usually recommend beer. We like light Japanese and Thai beers in this case, like Thai Singha lager. It’s rather pale and crisp, and very good with spicy food. Also try the Japanese Sapporo.
What alcohol is Thailand known for?
Mekhong (แม่โขง) is Thailand ‘s first domestically produced branded golden spirit. It is also known as “The Spirit of Thailand “.
What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
So I suggest a youthful Mosel, Rheingau, or Rheinhessen wine. Perhaps of Spätlese level to ensure some riper flavours to work with the chilli. This will be around 8 to 10 per cent alcohol, which will give you some sweetness too. We asked our local indie Dominic Lockyer of Fareham Wine Cellar to recommend some wines.
What beer goes with curry?
Best Beers to Have with a Curry
- Cobra Beer. The beer was founded in 1989 by Lord Karan Bilimoria when he noticed that the local lager was too gassy to enjoy with food.
- Kingfisher. A staple in the British curry house, Kingfisher is India’s most popular beer.
- Jaipur IPA.
- Blue Moon.
- Curious IPA.
- Bangla Beer.
What do you drink with curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
What wine goes well with pad thai?
There are even a few reds that work well if you’re not all that into white wines.
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio. A viable alternative to Riesling, Pinot Gris has less-intense tropical fruit flavors and more subtle acidity.
- Chenin Blanc.
- Grenache Blanc.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Sparkling Rosé
- Pinot Noir.
What to have with a Thai green curry?
Thai curries are best served with rice because it has a fairly neutral flavour that allows you to fully appreciate the complex taste of the curries. Some additional ingredients to serve alongside your Thai curry include:
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What is a good side with pad thai?
What do you serve with Pad Thai? We love to serve Light Crispy Chinese Chicken Salad or papaya salad. Other great appetizers include crab rangoon or egg rolls.
What do you drink with red curry?
Fruity, low-tannin reds with mild tomato-based curries: The juiciness and lightly spicy flavors in Grenache from France or Spain are great with the fragrant spices in curry and have enough acidity to mesh with the tomatoes. Inexpensive New World Pinot Noir can also work well.
What alcohol goes with stir-fry?
The best wine pairings for a Chinese stir – fry
- Riesling and riesling blends.
- Torrontes from Argentina – an interesting alternative to riesling.
- Fruity Australian whites especially ones containing semillon and colombard.
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc – particularly with stir -fries that contain veggies like asparagus, peppers and mangetout.
What beer is good with Chinese food?
5 best beers to pair with scrumptious Chinese food
- Carlsberg Smooth.
- White Rhino Indian Pale Ale.
- Yavira Crafted Basmati Pilsner.
- Bira 91 White.
- Kingfisher Ultra.
What kind of beer goes good with Chinese food?
6 Beers That Are Amazing with Asian Food
- Southern Tier IPA: This hoppy, floral beer is terrific with smoky, meaty dishes like these Chinese-style ribs.
- Rochefort 10: A rich Trappist ale is terrific with nutty fried rice.
- Kona Brewing Co.
- Saison Dupont: This tangy Belgian farmhouse ale is delicious with the dark leafy greens in this spinach egg drop soup.