- 1 What drinks go with Thai food?
- 2 What alcohol goes best with pad thai?
- 3 What wine goes with Thai green curry?
- 4 What kind of wine goes with curry dishes?
- 5 What is the best Thai food to order?
- 6 Which Thai curry is the spiciest?
- 7 What beer goes with Thai curry?
- 8 Does red wine go with Thai food?
- 9 What goes with Thai green curry?
- 10 What beer goes with Thai food?
- 11 Does red or white wine go better with Curry?
- 12 What Alcohol goes well with curry?
- 13 What Alcohol goes well with Indian food?
What drinks go with Thai food?
The sweet muskiness of Pinot Gris works well with most Thai dishes, while a sweet Riesling goes with Thai -spiced seafood, stir-fries, and salads. Do you prefer beer with your food? Citrusy, spicy beers go best with hot and sour Thai dishes, while beef salad is the ideal match for an ice-cold Singha beer.
What alcohol goes best with pad thai?
Pairing Pointers Yeasty beers like hefeweizen, witbier, saison, and golden Belgian ales make perfect partners for pad thai. The combination of yeast and malt gives these beers a pillowy sweetness that is a great match to the dish’s sweet side and a counterpoint to the salty/savory.
What wine goes with Thai green curry?
An off- dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.
What kind of wine goes with curry dishes?
Dry, rich whites with mild creamy curries: Fruity, unoaked or lightly oaked Chardonnay, like those from Australia or cooler parts of California have enough body to pair with creamier curries. If you don’t mind exceptionally floral, fragrant wines, try Gewürztraminer, which smells like rose petals and tropical fruit.
What is the best Thai food to order?
Top 7 Most Popular Thai Foods
- 1 Tom Yum Goong (Spicy Shrimp Soup) The quintessential Thai aroma!
- 2 Som Tum (Spicy Green Papaya Salad)
- 3 Tom Kha Kai (Chicken in Coconut Soup)
- 4 Gaeng Daeng (Red Curry)
- 5 Pad Thai (Thai style Fried Noodles)
- 6 Khao Pad (Fried Rice)
- 7 Pad Krapow Moo Saap (Fried Basil and Pork)
Which Thai curry is the spiciest?
Green Curry Considered to be the spiciest curry in Thailand, it is also sweet thanks to the high amount of coconut milk that is added to the dish. The base is made with fresh, young green chilis which makes green curry hotter than other curries and in our opinion one of the best tasting!
What beer goes with Thai curry?
Phil Vickery, chef and broadcaster: You need a light lager or summer ale, the paler the better. Although fragrant, Thai curry carries a kick and can be quite rich with coconut milk and big flavoured herbs, so a the soft lager type of beer would be perfect.
Does red wine go with Thai food?
Off-dry Riesling is the No. 1 catch-all for a smorgasbord of takeout Thai dishes. For die-hard red wine lovers, reds can work with Thai food, too, particularly with milder dishes. When pairing red wine with spicy dishes like curry, stay away from anything with too much tannin, unless you’re a serious seeker of spice.
What goes with Thai green curry?
Thai curries are best served with rice because it has a fairly neutral flavour that allows you to fully appreciate the complex taste of the curries. The best ways to enjoy your Thai Green curry
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What beer goes with Thai food?
Our favourite beers with Thai food include:
- IPA (Indian Pale Ale ) IPA’s have a citrusy aroma and pair perfectly with heavier, aromatic dishes.
- Whitbier (bière blanche)
- Off-dry Riesling.
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio.
- Sauvignon Blanc.
- Exotic fruit juices.
Does red or white wine go better with Curry?
The bright acidity and fresh fruit flavours in Riesling and Pinot Grigio, or the luscious rose-petal sweetness of Gewurztraminer work well with the richness of curries. Tomato-based sauces tend to work better with white wines – the acidity clashes with red wines making them seem metallic and hollow.
What Alcohol goes well with curry?
German, Austrian, Australian and New Zealand rieslings would all do the trick. Yes, chardonnay! Particularly fruity styles or blends with grapes such as semillon, chenin and colombard. Good with mild, creamy or buttery curries, especially with chicken.
What Alcohol goes well with Indian food?
Indian Food and Beer Pairings
- Light Lagers and Blonde Ales. The lighter beers, such as blonde ales and pilsners, pair best with lighter foods.
- Hoppy Lagers and India Pale Ales. Hops have made their comeback, and IPAs are here to stay.
- Wheat Beers.
- Amber and Brown Ales.
- Porters and Stouts.
- Sauvignon Blanc.