- 1 What alcohol goes with Thai food?
- 2 What beer goes with Thai curry?
- 3 What beer goes with stir fry?
- 4 What beer goes with spicy food?
- 5 What red wine goes best with Thai food?
- 6 What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
- 7 What goes with Thai food?
- 8 What do you drink with curry?
- 9 What alcohol goes with stir-fry?
- 10 What beer is good with Chinese food?
- 11 What kind of beer goes good with Chinese food?
- 12 Is beer good with spicy food?
- 13 What snacks go well with beer?
- 14 What goes best with beer?
What alcohol goes with Thai food?
The sweet muskiness of Pinot Gris works well with most Thai dishes, while a sweet Riesling goes with Thai -spiced seafood, stir-fries, and salads. Do you prefer beer with your food? Citrusy, spicy beers go best with hot and sour Thai dishes, while beef salad is the ideal match for an ice-cold Singha beer.
What beer goes with Thai curry?
Phil Vickery, chef and broadcaster: You need a light lager or summer ale, the paler the better. Although fragrant, Thai curry carries a kick and can be quite rich with coconut milk and big flavoured herbs, so a the soft lager type of beer would be perfect.
What beer goes with stir fry?
Allison, for stir – fry, especially spicy stir – fry like the curry above, we usually recommend beer. We like light Japanese and Thai beers in this case, like Thai Singha lager. It’s rather pale and crisp, and very good with spicy food. Also try the Japanese Sapporo.
What beer goes with spicy food?
If anything, the best beer to balance against spicy food is possibly a nitro milk stout, or nitrogenated malty beer, such as amber or brown ale, because they don’t amplify the irritation with bitterness or carbonation and provide sweetness.
What red wine goes best with Thai food?
Red Wines and Thai Food Lighter-bodied reds with upfront fruit characters and a more simple structure like Pinot Noir, Grenache-based blends with spicy raspberry characters, Merlot, Zinfandel (also known as Primitivo), Sangiovese all can work harmoniously with Thai food.
What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
So I suggest a youthful Mosel, Rheingau, or Rheinhessen wine. Perhaps of Spätlese level to ensure some riper flavours to work with the chilli. This will be around 8 to 10 per cent alcohol, which will give you some sweetness too. We asked our local indie Dominic Lockyer of Fareham Wine Cellar to recommend some wines.
What goes with Thai food?
15 Simple Thai Side Dishes
- Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts.
- Saucy Stovetop Thai Green Beans.
- Thai Coconut Rice.
- Thai Tomato Salad.
- Chopped Thai Salad.
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach.
- Thai Green Papaya Salad Recipe.
- Thai Slaw Salad.
What do you drink with curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
What alcohol goes with stir-fry?
The best wine pairings for a Chinese stir – fry
- Riesling and riesling blends.
- Torrontes from Argentina – an interesting alternative to riesling.
- Fruity Australian whites especially ones containing semillon and colombard.
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc – particularly with stir -fries that contain veggies like asparagus, peppers and mangetout.
What beer is good with Chinese food?
5 best beers to pair with scrumptious Chinese food
- Carlsberg Smooth.
- White Rhino Indian Pale Ale.
- Yavira Crafted Basmati Pilsner.
- Bira 91 White.
- Kingfisher Ultra.
What kind of beer goes good with Chinese food?
6 Beers That Are Amazing with Asian Food
- Southern Tier IPA: This hoppy, floral beer is terrific with smoky, meaty dishes like these Chinese-style ribs.
- Rochefort 10: A rich Trappist ale is terrific with nutty fried rice.
- Kona Brewing Co.
- Saison Dupont: This tangy Belgian farmhouse ale is delicious with the dark leafy greens in this spinach egg drop soup.
Is beer good with spicy food?
To tame the heat, you want a beer that balances out the spicy flavors in the dish. Light lagers are great – there’s a reason why most Mexican beers are lagers, after all! Many amber ales also pair nicely with spicy foods. Just stay away from beers that are too sweet or very dark.
What snacks go well with beer?
10 creative beer and snack pairings you should try for your Super Bowl party
- Pretzels & Hellesbier. Photo by Bobbi Lin.
- Snack Mix & Maibock.
- Guacamole & Vienna Lager.
- Spinach Dip & Farmhouse Ales or Saisons.
- Pimento Cheese & Hoppy Ale.
- Nachos & Chile Beer.
- Chicken Wings & Brown Ale or Stout.
- Hot Dogs & Gose.
What goes best with beer?
10 Foods That Pair Best With Beer
- Pepperoni Pizza.
- Fish N Chips.
- Hot Dog.
- Onion Rings.
- Potato Wedges.
- Tandoori Chicken.
- Loaded Nachos. The sweetest thing about beer and nachos is how it says ‘the more the merrier.
- Peanuts. Plain roasted, spicy coated or simply tossed in onion with a squeeze of lemon, peanuts and beer have always been inseparable.