- 1 What Alcohol goes well with Thai?
- 2 What is the best wine to drink with Thai food?
- 3 What alcohol goes best with pad thai?
- 4 What drink goes with Thai green curry?
- 5 What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
- 6 What do you drink with red curry?
- 7 What do they drink in Thailand?
- 8 What wine goes with coconut curry?
- 9 What wine goes with panang curry?
- 10 What beer goes with Thai curry?
- 11 What do you drink with curry?
What Alcohol goes well with Thai?
There are even a few reds that work well if you’re not all that into white wines.
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio. A viable alternative to Riesling, Pinot Gris has less-intense tropical fruit flavors and more subtle acidity.
- Chenin Blanc.
- Grenache Blanc.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Sparkling Rosé
- Pinot Noir.
What is the best wine to drink with Thai food?
Rosé Wine – the crisp choice Probably the best and most successful wine match for Thai dishes across the spectrum, from salads, stir-fries, noodles and curries is a glass of cool, crisp Rosé.
What alcohol goes best with pad thai?
Pairing Pointers Yeasty beers like hefeweizen, witbier, saison, and golden Belgian ales make perfect partners for pad thai. The combination of yeast and malt gives these beers a pillowy sweetness that is a great match to the dish’s sweet side and a counterpoint to the salty/savory.
What drink goes with Thai green curry?
An off-dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.
What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
So I suggest a youthful Mosel, Rheingau, or Rheinhessen wine. Perhaps of Spätlese level to ensure some riper flavours to work with the chilli. This will be around 8 to 10 per cent alcohol, which will give you some sweetness too. We asked our local indie Dominic Lockyer of Fareham Wine Cellar to recommend some wines.
What do you drink with red curry?
Fruity, low-tannin reds with mild tomato-based curries: The juiciness and lightly spicy flavors in Grenache from France or Spain are great with the fragrant spices in curry and have enough acidity to mesh with the tomatoes. Inexpensive New World Pinot Noir can also work well.
What do they drink in Thailand?
- Mekhong: Thai whisky, usually served with coke and ice.
- Sam Song: Thailand’s most popular rum.
- Cha yen: Thai iced tea, made with locally grown tea, sugar and milk.
- Singha: The best of Thailand’s local beers.
- Chang: Cheaper than Singha and popular for just that reason.
What wine goes with coconut curry?
“With spicy coconut curries, I like to pair a lightly sweet Riesling,” says Jon Cross, sommelier/wine director at Hinoki & the Bird in Los Angeles. “The sweetness cuts through the spiciness of the dish, but it also has good acidity.”
What wine goes with panang curry?
The best 3 wines to pair with PANANG CURRY BBC GOOD FOOD are below.
- White: German Riesling.
- White: Chilean Sauvignon Blanc.
- Red: Argentinian Malbec.
What beer goes with Thai curry?
Phil Vickery, chef and broadcaster: You need a light lager or summer ale, the paler the better. Although fragrant, Thai curry carries a kick and can be quite rich with coconut milk and big flavoured herbs, so a the soft lager type of beer would be perfect.
What do you drink with curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.