- 1 What drink goes with Thai food?
- 2 What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
- 3 What red wine goes with curry?
- 4 What Alcohol goes well with pad thai?
- 5 What is the best Thai food to order?
- 6 What alcohol goes with Thai green curry?
- 7 What wine goes with Thai chicken curry?
- 8 What goes with Thai green curry?
- 9 What wine goes with duck curry?
- 10 Does Sauvignon Blanc go with curry?
- 11 What red wine goes with spicy food?
- 12 What Alcohol goes well with curry?
- 13 What alcohol is Thailand known for?
- 14 What do they drink in Thailand?
What drink goes with Thai food?
The sweet muskiness of Pinot Gris works well with most Thai dishes, while a sweet Riesling goes with Thai -spiced seafood, stir-fries, and salads. Do you prefer beer with your food? Citrusy, spicy beers go best with hot and sour Thai dishes, while beef salad is the ideal match for an ice-cold Singha beer.
What red wine goes with Thai green curry?
So I suggest a youthful Mosel, Rheingau, or Rheinhessen wine. Perhaps of Spätlese level to ensure some riper flavours to work with the chilli. This will be around 8 to 10 per cent alcohol, which will give you some sweetness too. We asked our local indie Dominic Lockyer of Fareham Wine Cellar to recommend some wines.
What red wine goes with curry?
Meat curries will naturally make a great match for red wines. Smart picks would be aromatic, fresh reds such as Grenache, cool-climate Shiraz with more delicate flavours (newsflash: Shiraz isn’t always big, rich and powerful), or fuller-bodied Pinot Noir – nothing too fragile.
What Alcohol goes well with pad thai?
Yeasty beers like hefeweizen, witbier, saison, and golden Belgian ales make perfect partners for pad thai. The combination of yeast and malt gives these beers a pillowy sweetness that is a great match to the dish’s sweet side and a counterpoint to the salty/savory.
What is the best Thai food to order?
Top 7 Most Popular Thai Foods
- 1 Tom Yum Goong (Spicy Shrimp Soup) The quintessential Thai aroma!
- 2 Som Tum (Spicy Green Papaya Salad)
- 3 Tom Kha Kai (Chicken in Coconut Soup)
- 4 Gaeng Daeng (Red Curry)
- 5 Pad Thai (Thai style Fried Noodles)
- 6 Khao Pad (Fried Rice)
- 7 Pad Krapow Moo Saap (Fried Basil and Pork)
What alcohol goes with Thai green curry?
An off-dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.
What wine goes with Thai chicken curry?
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio. A viable alternative to Riesling, Pinot Gris has less-intense tropical fruit flavors and more subtle acidity.
- Chenin Blanc.
- Grenache Blanc.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Sparkling Rosé
- Pinot Noir.
What goes with Thai green curry?
Thai curries are best served with rice because it has a fairly neutral flavour that allows you to fully appreciate the complex taste of the curries. The best ways to enjoy your Thai Green curry
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What wine goes with duck curry?
- Australian Shiraz.
- Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir.
- Wilamette Valley Pinot Noir.
Does Sauvignon Blanc go with curry?
• Sauvignon Blanc and curry With its bright, bold aromas and intense flavor, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc makes a surprising match with curries and spicy dishes.
What red wine goes with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off-dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.
What Alcohol goes well with curry?
German, Austrian, Australian and New Zealand rieslings would all do the trick. Yes, chardonnay! Particularly fruity styles or blends with grapes such as semillon, chenin and colombard. Good with mild, creamy or buttery curries, especially with chicken.
What alcohol is Thailand known for?
Mekhong (แม่โขง) is Thailand ‘s first domestically produced branded golden spirit. It is also known as “The Spirit of Thailand “.
What do they drink in Thailand?
- Mekhong: Thai whisky, usually served with coke and ice.
- Sam Song: Thailand’s most popular rum.
- Cha yen: Thai iced tea, made with locally grown tea, sugar and milk.
- Singha: The best of Thailand’s local beers.
- Chang: Cheaper than Singha and popular for just that reason.