- 1 What goes with Thai food?
- 2 What is a good side dish for Pad Thai?
- 3 What alcohol goes best with Thai food?
- 4 What accompaniments go with Thai green curry?
- 5 What drink goes with Thai green curry?
- 6 What beer goes well with Thai food?
- 7 What wine goes well with pad thai?
- 8 What goes with shrimp pad thai?
- 9 What do you eat with massaman curry?
- 10 Does red wine go with Thai food?
- 11 What do they drink in Thailand?
- 12 What alcohol is Thailand known for?
- 13 What goes with Thai green curry instead of rice?
- 14 How do you eat Thai green curry?
- 15 What goes well with laksa?
What goes with Thai food?
15 Simple Thai Side Dishes
- Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts.
- Saucy Stovetop Thai Green Beans.
- Thai Coconut Rice.
- Thai Tomato Salad.
- Chopped Thai Salad.
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach.
- Thai Green Papaya Salad Recipe.
- Thai Slaw Salad.
What is a good side dish for Pad Thai?
Pad Thai is a one- dish meal traditionally. Thais will eat it with a handful of raw bean sprouts and a few sprigs of garlic chives and sometimes a slice of raw banana flower. You mix the raw bean sprouts into the noodles (along with spicing the dish — chili powder, lime juice, fish sauce to your taste).
What alcohol goes best with Thai food?
Which drinks pair best with Thai food?
- Spätlese and other off-dry Riesling. Again, a touch of sweetness really helps, giving German and Austrian.
- Sauvignon Blanc and other intensely citrussy whites such as Rueda.
What accompaniments go with Thai green curry?
A curry like this only needs a few simple accompaniments to help enhance both the flavour and eating experience, adding texture or a pallet-cleansing freshness. The best ways to enjoy your Thai Green curry
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What drink goes with Thai green curry?
An off-dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.
What beer goes well with Thai food?
Yeasty beers like hefeweizen, witbier, saison, and golden Belgian ales make perfect partners for pad thai. The combination of yeast and malt gives these beers a pillowy sweetness that is a great match to the dish’s sweet side and a counterpoint to the salty/savory.
What wine goes well with pad thai?
There are even a few reds that work well if you’re not all that into white wines.
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio. A viable alternative to Riesling, Pinot Gris has less-intense tropical fruit flavors and more subtle acidity.
- Chenin Blanc.
- Grenache Blanc.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Sparkling Rosé
- Pinot Noir.
What goes with shrimp pad thai?
Lacking banana blossoms, papaya salad would of course be nice, as would anything else similarly fresh and crisp like jicama, julienned granny smith apples, a green salad with lots of citrus flavors (grapefruit?), etc. Some type of spicy/sour/clear broth would also be nice to sip with pad thai.
What do you eat with massaman curry?
Stir-fry veg and a salad both sound good. I’ve also done son-in-law eggs to go with a massaman curry. Agree, you need some fresh zing.
Does red wine go with Thai food?
Off-dry Riesling is the No. 1 catch-all for a smorgasbord of takeout Thai dishes. For die-hard red wine lovers, reds can work with Thai food, too, particularly with milder dishes. When pairing red wine with spicy dishes like curry, stay away from anything with too much tannin, unless you’re a serious seeker of spice.
What do they drink in Thailand?
- Mekhong: Thai whisky, usually served with coke and ice.
- Sam Song: Thailand’s most popular rum.
- Cha yen: Thai iced tea, made with locally grown tea, sugar and milk.
- Singha: The best of Thailand’s local beers.
- Chang: Cheaper than Singha and popular for just that reason.
What alcohol is Thailand known for?
Mekhong (แม่โขง) is Thailand ‘s first domestically produced branded golden spirit. It is also known as “The Spirit of Thailand “.
What goes with Thai green curry instead of rice?
Me I prefer to throw mushrooms, cauliflower, onions, and broccoli. And eat the curry with a side of salad. Even just using the salad as the base and putting the curry on top as a sort of dressing will also work. I LOVE having mushrooms with a curry instead of rice.
How do you eat Thai green curry?
Serving. Thai Green curry tastes best when it is served piping hot over a bed of plump jasmine rice. However, I have also served it with steamed basmati rice or brown rice and it tastes equally great with those options too.
What goes well with laksa?
Laksa food pairings
- Tamarind and mackerel.
- Coconut and bitter-sweet kalamansi lime.
- Chicken and lemongrass.
- Laksa leaves and shrimp paste.
- Pumpkin and lime leaves.
- Pork and grilled pineapple.
- Scallops and sweet basil.
- Beef and peanuts.