- 1 What is the smelliest rotten food?
- 2 Why does Thai food smell bad?
- 3 Does Thai curry smell bad?
- 4 What food has a strong smell?
- 5 What is the smelliest animal poop?
- 6 Can you die from smelling rotten potatoes?
- 7 Can I replace fish sauce with soy sauce?
- 8 What does soy sauce smell like?
- 9 Is fish sauce supposed to stink?
- 10 Is there a difference between Thai curry and Indian curry?
- 11 Does Indian food use fish sauce?
- 12 What is the nicest smell?
- 13 What is the smelliest vegetable?
- 14 What is the stinkiest fruit in the world?
What is the smelliest rotten food?
1. Surströmming. Swedish for “sour herring ” this fish is salted just enough not to rot, then left for 6 months. The most putrid smelling food in the world – it is said to resemble a rotting corpse.
Why does Thai food smell bad?
It’s the fish sauce or possibly shrimp paste, which is often an ingredient in Thai chili paste, such as red chili paste, which is used in pad Thai. Both fish sauce and shrimp paste are fermented and when cooked, they blow off their bad smell (in an odorous cloud), and after that, they smell rich and appetizing.
Does Thai curry smell bad?
It does smell like sweat. You are probably sensitive to it. Usually used in cooking by people who don’t eat onion or garlic. The smell dissipates after cooking properly.
What food has a strong smell?
Other boldly scented and healthy foods include:
- Alliums (including garlic, onions and leeks)
- Cruciferous vegetables (such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts )
- Fermented foods (like sauerkraut, kimchi and kefir)
- Fish (including anchovies, sardines and tuna)
- Hardboiled eggs.
What is the smelliest animal poop?
From watching some live safari streams coming out of South Africa, guides/presenters would likely say larger carnivores (Lions, leopards, hyenas) have the worst smelling poop especially after gorging themselves on a long-dead rotten carcass like hippo, rhino or elephant.
Can you die from smelling rotten potatoes?
Rotting potatoes give off a noxious solanine gas that can make a person unconscious if they’ve inhaled enough. There have even been cases of people dying in their root cellars due to unbeknownst rotting potatoes.
Can I replace fish sauce with soy sauce?
Soy sauce, which is made from fermented soybeans, water, salt, and wheat, is an excellent alternative to fish sauce. You can swap fish sauce for soy sauce at a 1-to-1 ratio, or try mixing other ingredients with soy sauce for extra flavor: Minced anchovy.
What does soy sauce smell like?
The smell is warming and yeasty. It’s hard to describe the smell. It does not smell at all like beer, but perhaps like roasted wheat and caramelised sugar, good miso (don’t get me started on that one also), with a hint of freshly baked bread.
Is fish sauce supposed to stink?
Fish Sauce is infamous for being smelling bad. Commercial Fish Sauce stinks because it uses anchovy extracts.”
Is there a difference between Thai curry and Indian curry?
Indian curries often have a more velvety and thick consistency and are best categorized as a stew. While Thai curries are light and bright, Indian curries are hearty and savory. In an Indian curry, you are most likely to taste the richer flavors that come from spices such as cinnamon, cloves, turmeric, and cumin.
Does Indian food use fish sauce?
if you’re looking to cook Indian style curries you’ll use salt and water. period. Indian cuisine does include several high salt items though but they are always used as condiments. Thai and Vietnamese curries can certainly incorporate fish sauce and/or soy sauce to add saltiness and umami.
What is the nicest smell?
Best Smells In the World
- Fresh Air. Fresh air sums up all the smells I like: rain, earth, flowers, pines trees (Piney wood east texan here), meadows full of Indian paintbrush and black-eyed Susans, blue sky, among other things.
- Freshly Cut Grass.
What is the smelliest vegetable?
2. Smelly Veggies: The biggest culprits here are asparagus, onions, cabbage and — as we found out — broccoli. It’s most offensive when you’re cooking/reheating them, of course.
What is the stinkiest fruit in the world?
Durian Fruit – The World’s Smelliest Snack.