- 1 What goes with Thai green curry?
- 2 What is a good side dish for Pad Thai?
- 3 What goes well with Thai food?
- 4 What can you serve with curry?
- 5 Why is my Thai green curry watery?
- 6 How do I add flavor to Thai green curry?
- 7 What wine goes well with pad thai?
- 8 What goes with shrimp pad thai?
- 9 What side dishes go with laksa?
- 10 Which Thai curry is the spiciest?
- 11 What beer goes best with Thai food?
- 12 Does red wine go with Thai food?
- 13 What goes with chicken curry instead of rice?
- 14 What drink goes well with curry?
- 15 What do you serve with Sri Lankan curry?
What goes with Thai green curry?
A curry like this only needs a few simple accompaniments to help enhance both the flavour and eating experience, adding texture or a pallet-cleansing freshness. Some additional ingredients to serve alongside your Thai curry include:
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What is a good side dish for Pad Thai?
Pad Thai is a one- dish meal traditionally. Thais will eat it with a handful of raw bean sprouts and a few sprigs of garlic chives and sometimes a slice of raw banana flower. You mix the raw bean sprouts into the noodles (along with spicing the dish — chili powder, lime juice, fish sauce to your taste).
What goes well with Thai food?
13 Thai-Inspired Side Dishes to Spice Up Your Meal
- Photo: Liz Andrew/ Styling: Erin McDowell. Shredded Thai Salad with Avocado.
- Pinch of Yum. Chopped Thai Salad With Sesame Garlic Dressing.
- Erin McDowell. Coconut Creamed Spinach.
- Healthy Nibbles and Bits. Green Papaya Salad.
- Ambitious Kitchen. Saucy Stovetop Green Beans.
- Street Smart Kitchen.
- Salt and Wind.
- Cookie and Kate.
What can you serve with curry?
Curry accompaniments: the best side dishes to serve with vegan and vegetarian curries
- Flatbread. There’s nothing better than mopping up a delicious curry than with a beautifully soft and sumptuous naan.
Why is my Thai green curry watery?
A runny curry means you haven’t cooked it long enough and/or you have used coconut milk with a low percentage of solids. Authentic curries never contain any type of starch (flour). So, buy coconut milk (or cream) with the highest percentage of solids that you can find. Next, use more paste.
How do I add flavor to Thai green curry?
Tips For Flavor
- If you want extra flavorful meat, you can sear the meat over medium heat before heating the curry sauce.
- You can garnish your curry to add extra flavor.
- I add fresh onion, garlic, and ginger before adding the curry sauce because they are usually already prepped and I think they add more flavor.
What wine goes well with pad thai?
There are even a few reds that work well if you’re not all that into white wines.
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio. A viable alternative to Riesling, Pinot Gris has less-intense tropical fruit flavors and more subtle acidity.
- Chenin Blanc.
- Grenache Blanc.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Sparkling Rosé
- Pinot Noir.
What goes with shrimp pad thai?
Lacking banana blossoms, papaya salad would of course be nice, as would anything else similarly fresh and crisp like jicama, julienned granny smith apples, a green salad with lots of citrus flavors (grapefruit?), etc. Some type of spicy/sour/clear broth would also be nice to sip with pad thai.
What side dishes go with laksa?
Try them out!
- Tamarind and mackerel.
- Coconut and bitter-sweet kalamansi lime.
- Chicken and lemongrass.
- Laksa leaves and shrimp paste.
- Pumpkin and lime leaves.
- Pork and grilled pineapple.
- Scallops and sweet basil.
- Beef and peanuts.
Which Thai curry is the spiciest?
Green Curry Considered to be the spiciest curry in Thailand, it is also sweet thanks to the high amount of coconut milk that is added to the dish. The base is made with fresh, young green chilis which makes green curry hotter than other curries and in our opinion one of the best tasting!
What beer goes best with Thai food?
Yeasty beers like hefeweizen, witbier, saison, and golden Belgian ales make perfect partners for pad thai. The combination of yeast and malt gives these beers a pillowy sweetness that is a great match to the dish’s sweet side and a counterpoint to the salty/savory.
Does red wine go with Thai food?
Off-dry Riesling is the No. 1 catch-all for a smorgasbord of takeout Thai dishes. For die-hard red wine lovers, reds can work with Thai food, too, particularly with milder dishes. When pairing red wine with spicy dishes like curry, stay away from anything with too much tannin, unless you’re a serious seeker of spice.
What goes with chicken curry instead of rice?
Me I prefer to throw mushrooms, cauliflower, onions, and broccoli. And eat the curry with a side of salad. Even just using the salad as the base and putting the curry on top as a sort of dressing will also work. I LOVE having mushrooms with a curry instead of rice.
What drink goes well with curry?
Perfect Pairings: Drinking with curry
- Lassi. This yoghurt-based drink – a traditional way to keep cool and fed on the Subcontinent – bursts with taste combinations, a world away from bland beer.
What do you serve with Sri Lankan curry?
A side of steamed white rice, naan or Sri Lankan roti make perfect accompaniments – great for sopping up the delicious curry sauce.