- 1 Is Basil Fried Rice Vegan?
- 2 How is Thai fried rice different?
- 3 What can I do with a lot of Thai basil?
- 4 What happens if you make fried rice with fresh rice?
- 5 What does Thai basil look like?
- 6 How long do you cook jasmine rice for?
- 7 Can you lose weight eating Thai food?
- 8 Is Thai food healthier than Chinese food?
- 9 Is fried rice really bad for you?
- 10 How can I preserve Thai basil?
- 11 How do you make Thai basil last longer?
- 12 How do I freeze Thai basil?
- 13 Do you have to boil rice before frying it?
- 14 How do you dry rice for fried rice fast?
- 15 Do you have to use day old rice for fried rice?
Is Basil Fried Rice Vegan?
This vegan Thai basil fried rice will feed 4 people. It only takes about 10 minutes to fry in a wok, so it’s a quick meal for your entire family. This dish is named after the large Thai basil leaves that give it the unique aroma and flavor.
How is Thai fried rice different?
What is the difference between Chinese fried rice and Thai fried rice? The major differences is that Thai fried rice is flavored with fish sauce, and the main flavoring agent in Chinese fried rice is soy sauce. Chinese fried rice also often contains more vegetables.
What can I do with a lot of Thai basil?
Ways To Use Thai Basil Pesto My favorite way to use Thai basil pesto is as a simple, yummy sauce for rice noodles and tofu. It’s also great on brown rice, and makes an incredible dipping sauce. It’s pretty killer by the spoonful, too!
What happens if you make fried rice with fresh rice?
Starting with freshly cooked or well-chilled rice guarantees it won’t clump up as you stir- fry it. Frying in batches compensates for the low heat output of Western stovetops. Keeping the seasoning very light allows the flavor of the rice and aromatics to come through.
What does Thai basil look like?
Thai basil is sturdy and compact, growing up to 45 cm (1 ft 6 in), and has shiny green, slightly serrated, narrow leaves with a sweet, anise- like scent and hints of licorice, along with a slight spiciness lacking in sweet basil. Thai basil has a purple stem, and like other plants in the mint family, the stem is square.
How long do you cook jasmine rice for?
Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in the rice and the salt; cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed. Taste the rice; if it is still too firm, add a few more tablespoons of water.
Can you lose weight eating Thai food?
Thai food is fairly healthy and good for weight loss. In fact, many Westerners tend to lose between 3% and 5% of their body weight in 1-2 months if they switch from Western foods to Thai foods.
Is Thai food healthier than Chinese food?
Thai food, on average, is healthier than Chinese food. It’s cooked with significantly fewer oils, and its ingredients are fresher, creating a “lighter” feeling when you finish eating. In comparison, Chinese food is deep-fried more often and can use plenty of preservatives.
Is fried rice really bad for you?
Most restaurant fried rice is full of calories and fat, so it isn’t the best choice for weight loss. Luckily this lightened up fried rice is packed with veggies, brown rice, and uses a minimal amount of oil. This makes it a much better option for anyone looking to lose weight or eat healthier.
How can I preserve Thai basil?
Storage Tips: In general, fresh herbs should be stored in the refrigerator. Wrap Basil in a damp paper towel or place it in a tall glass with about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Rinse and thoroughly dry basil leaves before using. Basil can also be preserved in oil or frozen to maximize its shelf life.
How do you make Thai basil last longer?
Sometimes basil will keep longer if you trim the stems and put them in a glass of water-like you would with fresh flowers, then put a plastic bag over them and refrigerate.
How do I freeze Thai basil?
Of course it’s super easy:
- Wash & dry basil leaves.
- Lay out on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Freeze until firm, 12-24 hours.
- Transfer leaves to a freezer bag, pressing out as much air as possible.
Do you have to boil rice before frying it?
When using previously cooked rice for a fried rice recipe, the rice is first fully cooked using the boiling /absorption/steaming method. The rice is stir- fried for several minutes using a small amount of oil in a large skillet. Other ingredients and seasonings are stir- fried quickly with the rice.
How do you dry rice for fried rice fast?
Make a batch of rice and spread it in a thin layer on a sheet tray. Put the tray in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes (this keeps the grains from clumping), then portion out the rice into individual freezer bags. Freeze for a couple hours and BOOM— dry rice, ready for frying.
Do you have to use day old rice for fried rice?
1) Use cold rice: You ‘ ve gotta plan ahead and use thoroughly-chilled cooked rice. A fresh batch of warm (or even lukewarm) rice will not fry well when it hits the hot pan, and will result in soggy and sticky clumps — no good. So leftover refrigerated rice is ideal!